For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
2011 ballot measure campaign donations rack up to a staggering $85 million
By: Al Ortiz
Contact: Brittany Clingen
|2011 ballot measures |
|Tuesday Count • 2011 Scorecard|
|Potential measures • Filed initiatives|
| Polls • Campaign websites • News|
|Calendar • 2011 local measures|
Although the holiday season has ended, it is time to finally put a bow on the 2011 ballot measure analysis. A final analysis report was recently completed showcasing final post-election campaign contribution numbers from all measures on 2011 statewide ballots.
As previously stated in the pre-election analysis first reported on October 24, 2011, a total of 34 ballot questions were certified for 9 statewide ballots in 2011. However, a total of 15 ballot measures have had campaign finance activity, as opposed to the reported 11 in the pre-election report. A final total of $85,726,675.61 was contributed to ballot measures in 2011, compared to $43,706,549.62 in Ballotpedia's pre-election contribution report, according to official reports filed as of December 2011.
According to the report, the state with highest contributions from all campaign sides from all ballot measures was from the state of Ohio, with the least coming from Arkansas, with only $100,000 in contributions. The report also found that the ballot measure with the highest contributions from both campaign sides was Ohio Issue 2, raking in a little over $41 million.
Also included in the analysis was a state overview of contributions made from both supporters and opponents of proposals, ballot measure rankings from most to least contributions, and rankings of political topic contributions. The political category of labor saw the most donations with $41,277,414, all coming from Ohio Issue 2.
The following is a short rundown of post-election campaign contribution findings:
- Highest statewide contributions: Ohio ($41,475,433.48)
- Lowest statewide contributions: Arkansas ($100,000)
- Top 5 measures:
- Bottom 5 measures:
- Highest contribution total: Labor ($41,277,413.81)
- Lowest contribution total: Bond issues ($278,363)
2010 v. 2011
The following shows the total campaign contributions for 2010 and 2011 ballot measures.
- Ballotpedia:Analysis of the 2011 ballot measures
- 2011 pre-election ballot measure campaign contributions
- 2011 ballot measure campaign contributions
- Ballot measure campaign contribution numbers were found from official state election websites. Numbers were obtained from officially filed records published on the site, and not from campaign organizers.
- Ballot measures with zero contributions were not included.
- Categories with no contributions made towards ballot measures were not considered for this category.
- Contributions rounded to the nearest dollar.