|A.L. "Chip" Wood, III|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 2|
|Years of service||1985-1993|
Wood is currently serving his second term as alderman and mayor pro tempore of Corinth, MS. He also works a market manager for Cellular South, a Ridgeland, MS-based cellular carrier. Wood previously for 14 years in the U.S. Navy and Navy Reserves; he spent 1985 to 1993 as a submariner on active duty.
On his 2011 campaign website Wood highlights four main issues:
- Economic Development/Job Creation: "Over the past 30 years we have seen our neighbors grow and prosper by attracting new manufacturing jobs, this while we continue to have factories close their doors, despite the resources we have to offer. As your representative, I will make job retention and job creation top priorities."
- Control Government Spending: "As your representative, I will get to keep Mississippi’s budget balanced and to stop wasteful government spending. I will support votes to cut spending, lower the tax burden on all Mississippians, and to keep our fiscal house in order."
- Improved Education: "As your representative, I will be committed to ensuring that our students will have excellent educational opportunities at all levels. It is critical that we provide every student in Alcorn County with the latest technologies that will prepare them for the jobs of the future."
- Accountability and Ethics in the Legislature: "As your Representative, I pledge to be visible in our community, listening to you and responding to your needs. I expect to be held accountable for the votes that I cast. I promise to always hold myself to the highest ethical standards."
Wood ran in the 2011 election for Mississippi House of Representatives District 2. He ran unopposed in the primary on August 2, 2011. Wood faces Democratic candidate Nick Bain in the general election on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 2 General Election, 2011|
- Congressman Alan Nunnelee
- Mississippi Right to Life
- Mississippi Association of REALTORS
- Home Builders Association
- Mississippi Police Benevolent Association
- "A" rating from the NRA
Wood and his wife, Wendy, have three children and reside in Corinth, MS.
- Official campaign website
- Vote-MS.org profile
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook campaign page
- Chip Wood on Twitter
- Chip Wood campaign blog
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |