A. Benton Chafin
|A. Benton Chafin|
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 4|
|January 8, 2014|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Profession||Attorney and Farmer|
Chafin is a beef cattle farmer and an attorney with a local practice. He served as general counsel for the Russell County Industrial Development Authority for 18 years.
Chafin won the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 4. Chafin ran unopposed in the June 11 Republican primary. He was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
Chafin and his wife, Lora, have three children, Sophia Vance, Audra Chafin and Augustus Chafin III.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Benton + Chafin + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia lawmakers seek ability to defend state laws - Washington Blade
- Property Transfers - The Messenger (subscription)
- Virginia lawmakers kill two pro-LGBT bills - Washington Blade
- Del. Chafin's website
- TriCities.com, "Russell Co. attorney to run for 4th District Va. House seat," March 18, 2013
- Vote VA profile
Joe Johnson (D)
|Virginia House of Delegates District 4
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |