For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
ACLU and CICF team up to fight restrictive Nebraska petition laws
The American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit on behalf of Michael Groene, Donald Sluti, and The Citizens in Charge Foundation against Nebraska. Secretary of State John A. Gale is listed as the defendant. Their lawsuit is an attempt to ease the restrictions on the voter initiative process. The lawsuit directs their attentions to these issues:
- The unreasonably high amount of valid signatures needed
- The residency requirement
- The "Scarlet Letter" which lets everyone know whether the petitioner is paid or a volunteer
- Save The Initiative Tour
- List of Nebraska ballot measures
- History of Nebraska's initiative laws
- Citizens in Charge v. Gale
- Margery Beck, JournalStar.com, ACLU sues Nebraska over petition signatures laws, December 16, 2009
- KearneyHub.com, "Trio challenge Nebraska’s petition laws," December 18, 2009