|Former candidate for|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 29|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Borders' campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I pledge to work with new businesses and existing businesses to foster an environment where we grow jobs and wages."
- Excerpt: "As a State Representative I will work to restore as much funding as possible for our schools and make sure all of our teachers have the tools they need to teach the next generation. It is my goal for AZ to be in the Top Ten for education by 2020."
Welfare and AHCCCS
- Excerpt: "Our residents deserve better than a black or white system that punishes our most vulnerable citizens just as they are starting to get back on their feet. I would like to create and implement a tiered system that does not strip a family of their lifeline for making a few cents more than the cut-off. We need to reward this hard work and not stifle it."
- Excerpt: "The state of Arizona has ignored many neighborhoods in our district. Maryvale alone has 75,000 children living in it and it has been ravaged by hard times. We need to work together to clean up the blight and be proud of our neighborhoods. When we work together on these community projects we boost moral and community pride. It is important that our State government puts more money and resources into our communities and our childrens future"
Elections for the office of Arizona House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 28, 2014. Richard Andrade and Ceci Velasquez defeated Steve Chapman and Denise Garcia in the Democratic primary. Aaron Borders was unopposed in the Republican primary. Andrade and Velasquez defeated Borders in the general election. Erminie Zarra (R) withdrew before the primary.
|Arizona House of Representatives District 29, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Richard C. Andrade||36.2%||10,127|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 29 Democratic Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Aaron + Borders + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Arizona House of Representatives
- Arizona House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Aaron Borders on Facebook
- Aaron Borders on Twitter
- Aaron Borders on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Arizona State Legislature
- Aaron Borders' campaign website, "Issues," accessed October 17, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election," May 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014