|Aaron D. Ford|
|Nevada State Senate, District 11|
|February 4, 2013 - present|
|November 9, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|State Senate Minority Leader|
|Per diem||$152/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Ford served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Revenue and Economic Development|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Ford served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Vice Chair|
|• Judiciary, Chair|
|• Natural Resources|
Ford's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Another of our priorities must be to restore our State's economy and put Nevadans back to work. With our staggering unemployment rate, it is clear that we must explore new and innovative ways to induce our current businesses to hire and to encourage additional businesses to choose Nevada as their home so that Nevadans can get back to work. I support incentives to accomplish both of these goals. I will bring small businesses to the table to make sure they are part of the decisions affecting them."
- "I will work to enact legislation that will enable businesses currently engaged in energy development in our State do so better and more efficiently. I will also work to attract new businesses interested in our natural resources – businesses that hire Nevadans and invest in our State. We can benefit from the energy-development industry, but we must first position ourselves for this benefit. I will work to do that."
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
Ford ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Senate, District 11. Ford defeated Harry Mortenson in the June 12 primary election and defeated John Drake (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Nevada State Senate, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Nevada State Senate, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2010
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 12 General election (2010)|
|Joseph Hardy (R)||35,210|
|Aaron Ford (D)||23,520|
|Richard Wayne O'Dell (I)||2,022|
Comprehensive donor information for Ford is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Ford raised a total of $410,261 during that time period. This information was last updated on April 9, 2015.
|Aaron Ford's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Senate, District 11||$226,204|
|2010||Nevada State Senate, Clark 12||$184,057|
|Grand Total Raised||$410,261|
2012Ford won election to the Nevada State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Ford raised a total of $226,204.
|Nevada State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Aaron Ford's campaign in 2012|
|Nevada Senate Democrats||$8,000|
|R & S Investment Properties||$7,500|
|Nevada State Education Association||$6,500|
|Nevada Justice Association||$6,000|
|Nevada Association Of Realtors||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$226,204|
|Source: Follow the Money|
2010Ford lost the election for the Nevada State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Ford raised a total of $184,057.
|Nevada State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Aaron Ford's campaign in 2010|
|American Federation Of State County & Municipal Employees / AFSCME||$10,000|
|Cmte to Elect Chris Giunchigliani||$10,000|
|Nevada Senate Democrats||$8,020|
|Clark County Education Association||$6,000|
|International Brotherhood of Teamsters / IBT||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$184,057|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Citizen Outreach: Ratings for the 2013 Nevada Legislature
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills dealing with government regulations, taxes/fees and individual liberty. Citizen Outreach selected 22 Assembly bills and 32 Senate bills to analyze for its scorecard.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Nevada Policy Research Institute: The 2013 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their voting record concerning economic freedom and education reform.
- Nevada Conservation League: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada: Facing Race – 2013 Legislative Report Card on Racial Equity
- Legislators are scored on their votes on education equity, economic equity, health equity and civil rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Aaron + Ford + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Nevada State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Facebook page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Contributions to Ford, Aaron," accessed April 9, 2015
- Nevada State Legislature, "Session Information," accessed July 3, 2014
Michael Schneider (Nevada) (D)
|Nevada State Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|