|Colorado State Senate District 3|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Tapi was Member/President of the Pueblo School Board from 1993 to 1997. He served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 1998 to 2002.
Tapi earned his AAD from Southern Colorado State College. He went on to receive his BSCE in Engineering from Colorado State. He then attended the Graduate School of Business and the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Tapi has worked as Chief Engineer for CF and I Steel Corporation. He has been owner of Abel Engineering Professionals Incorporated since 1985.
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Tapia was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to Colorado's term limits.
Tapia raised $51,853 for his campaign.
|Colorado State Senate, District 3 General election (2006)|
|Abel J. Tapia (D)||37562|
In 2006, Tapia collected $51,853 in donations.
His two largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Pueblo Ed Association||$1,054|
Tapia has three children.
- Senator Tapia's personal website
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Abel Tapia
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Abel Tapia
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000 1998
- Senator Tapia on State Surge
- Colorado election results
|Colorado State Senate - District 3
| Succeeded by|
Angela Giron (D)