|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 35A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Whelan's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I strongly believe that we need to keep education in our local control. That is why I oppose any effort to nationalize Minnesota's education system. Our parents, teachers, and school board members know what is best for our students."
- Excerpt: "I believe Minnesota can be a leader in job creation, retention and middle-class expansion in the coming decades. The way to that is not by more government, but by providing the environment for job creation."
Budget & Taxes
- Excerpt: "I will fight for increased property tax relief, lowering income taxes, and reduction in the complexity of the tax code."
Family & Life
- Excerpt: "Family is also a place where life begins – at conception. I believe we need to honor the sanctity of life, for without the right to life, all other rights are meaningless."
Transportation & Public Safety
- Excerpt: "Specifically, I will fight to make sure Highway 10 is a top priority. We need to bring it up to date with our traffic needs, and help reduce accidents and fatalities. We must prioritize state spending so the current projects being planned may begin as soon as possible."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Peter Perovich is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Justin Boals faces Abigail Whelan in the Republican primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Abigail + Whelan + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 35A
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Abigail Whelan on Twitter
- Abigail Whelan on Facebook
- Abigail Whelan on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings"
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |