Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 28|
On his campaign website, Bever listed the following issues:
- Equal Protection for Workers:
- "Madison politicians continue to embrace policies that attack working families. This past year, legislators in Madison repealed the Equal Pay Protection Act. Unlike my opponent, I will stand with working people and support equal pay for equal work because it's the right thing to do."
- Our Important Wetlands:
- "Wisconsin's wetlands not only provide habitat for waterfowl; they also clean and filter our groundwater and act as a buffer against floods. New legislation supported by politicians in Madison relaxes protection for our wetlands, making them more susceptible to destruction. I agree with the Wisconsin Wetlands Association and Trout Unlimited that the new law goes too far."
- Technical Colleges:
- "The legislatures $70 million in cuts to the state's technical colleges are causing larger class sizes and program cuts. At a time when the need for a highly trained workforce is more important than ever, I will fight to restore funding to our technical colleges, and look for ways to create more job training opportunities in the community."
- Local Economy:
- "I believe in promoting environmentally friendly business, and providing incentives for bringing companies into this district, as well as rewarding businesses who already are great partners with our district. Our current representative ran on a promise to bring jobs to our district and state. This past year, Wisconsin has lost more jobs than any other state in the country. Instead of focusing on jobs, he's focused on an extreme social agenda."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Bever ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 28. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Erik Severson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 28, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Erik Severson Incumbent||56.2%||15,865|
|Democratic||Adam T. Bever||43.7%||12,347|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Adam + Bever + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |