Adam Clayton Powell
|Adam Clayton Powell|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Running for U.S. House|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|New York State Assembly District 68|
|J.D.||Fordham University School of Law|
Powell's professional experiences include assistant district attorney in the Bronx, New York and co-producer of Keep the Faith, Baby.
Powell earned a BA from Howard University and a J.D. from Fordham University School of Law. He has one child, Adam Powell V.
On March 2, 2013, Powell submitted his statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission, allowing him to begin raising money for his 2014 congressional campaign. In his paperwork, which was received by the FEC on March 11, 2013, Powell stated his intention to seek the Democratic nomination for New York's 13 district seat in the 2014. The seat is currently held by fellow Democratic Rep. Charles Rangel. Rangel, who has been elected to the U.S. House 22 times as of his narrow victory last November, had not yet announced whether he will run for re-election in 2014 as of Powell's filing date.
Powell did not run for re-election in 2010.
On November 4, 2008 Powell won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 68, defeating opponent Norma Soriano (R).
Powell raised $82,617 for his campaign while Soriano raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 68 2008|
|Adam Powell (D)||30,161|
|Norma Soriano (R)||2,122|
In 2008, a year in which Powell was up for re-election, he collected $82,617 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Powell for the People||$7,600|
|Transport Workers Local 100||$3,800|
|PGA Mechanical Contractors||$3,800|
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York Assembly
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 13th congressional district elections, 2014
- New York's 13th congressional district
- New York Assembly - Rep. Adam Clayton Powell
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- ↑ Bloomberg - Political Capital, "Adam Clayton Powell IV Files For Rangel’s N.Y.C. Seat," March 19, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Powell
- ↑ FEC Form 2 - Statement of Candidacy, "Image pdf," received March 11, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- ↑ 2008 contributions to Adam Powell
|New York Assembly - District 68
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |