|Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts|
|January 2, 2012-Present|
|Years in position||1|
|Predecessor||Crit Luallen (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 2015|
|Term limits||Two terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Kentucky College of Agriculture|
|Birthday||November 26, 1974|
|Place of birth||Meade County, Kentucky|
|Profession||Business Management Consultant|
Edelen was a self-employed business management consultant when he was elected as Auditor in 2011. He previously worked in the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security and served as Chief of Staff to Gov. Steve Beshear. In the private sector he worked as a senior executive with both Commerce Lexington and Thomas & King.
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, University of Kentucky
Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts (2012-present)
Edelen was sworn-in on January 2, 2012 as the 46th Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts. He has served in the position since.
Kentucky Governor's Chief of Staff (2008-2010)
|Kentucky Auditor, 2011|
|Republican||John T. Kemper III||44.2%||349,366|
|Independent||Kim C. Hay||0%||75|
On his campaign website Edelen listed three main issues:
- Excerpt: "Adam will use his business experience and bottom-line focus to fight corruption at all levels. In short, Adam will hold government more accountable to the taxpayers who foot the bill."
- Common Sense:
- Excerpt: "From an outdated and inefficient tax code to an unfunded pension obligation that threatens to bankrupt the state, too much of what has come out of Frankfort simply defies common sense."
- Excerpt: "Adam believes that every government agency and every public-private organization that accepts tax dollars owes the people of Kentucky the highest level of transparency — after all, those who pay the bills have a right to see the checkbook.Adam will be the kind of courageous auditor we need watching our backs, protecting our pocketbooks, and making sure we get the honest, lean and effective government we deserve."
- The Courier-Journal
Comprehensive donor information for Edelen is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Edelen raised a total of $901,615 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
|Adam Edelen's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts||$901,615|
|Grand Total Raised||$901,615|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Adam Edelen's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Adam Edelen's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$65,772|
|Top 5 contributors||Kentucky Democratic Party||$90,150|
|18 individual donors||$2,000 each|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Adam + Edelen + Kentucky + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky State Auditor Edelen to investigate CVG's airport board spending - WCPO
- Ky. auditor to examine airport board spending - Morning Journal News
- CVG board to hire investigator after contentious meeting - Cincinnati.com (blog)
- Dayton, Ky. school district to recover $511000 from former superintendent's ... - WCPO
- Democrat Reginald Thomas holds fundraising edge in state Senate race - Lexington Herald Leader
- CVG board OKs hiring special auditor - Cincinnati.com
- Ex-school chief admits stealing - Cincinnati.com
- Lawyer: CVG board members discussed demoting CEO - Cincinnati.com
- State auditor's office investigates hiring of Montgomery superintendent's wife - Lexington Herald Leader
- Judge dismisses some felony charges against Bell County Clerk - Lexington Herald Leader
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts
- Official campaign website
- Facebook campaign page
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Adam Edelen on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2011
- ↑ Bluegrass Politics, "Former C-J reporter will be Edelen’s communications director," November 30, 2011
- ↑ WDRB, "Attorney General Jack Conway sworn in for second term," January 2, 2012
- ↑ Adam Edelen for Auditor, "About Adam," retrieved July 16, 2011
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Auditor Adam H. Edelen's Biography," accessed March 28, 2013
- ↑ Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for State Auditor," accessed July 2, 2011
- ↑ Adam Edelen for Auditor, "Issues," retrieved July 16, 2011
- ↑ The Courier-Journal, "Endorsements 2011: Adam Edelen for auditor," October 13, 2011
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Adam H. Edelen," accessed July 11, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
Crit Luallen (D)
|Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts
| Succeeded by|