|Florida House of Representatives District 84|
|Florida House of Representatives District 81|
|2008 - 2010|
Fetterman has served as General Counsel in the Saint Lucie County Sheriff's Office.
Fetterman did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Civil Justice & Courts Policy Committee
- Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council (Ranking Minority Member)
- Legislative Sunset Committee, Florida State Legislature
- Natural Resources Appropriations Committee
- Rules & Calendar Council
Fetterman's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 735 - "Financial Responsibility: Requires person who has been found guilty of or entered plea of guilty or nolo contendere to felony traffic offense or had mandatory revocation of his or her driving privilege maintain certain amount of security or insurance for liability coverage of accidents involving use of motor vehicle."
- HB 793 - Warrantless Arrests: Authorizes arrest without warrant when law enforcement officer has probable cause to believe that individual has committed act of driving under influence or unlawfully exhibited his or her sexual organs in public."
- HB 1443 - "Veterans: Requires school districts to observe Veterans' Day & Veterans' Awareness Week; provides requirements for such recognition"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Fetterman ran in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 84. Fetterman was defeated by Larry Lee, Jr. in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. Michelle Miller ran unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 84 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Larry Lee, Jr.||52.6%||5,455|
|L. Kevin Stinette||7.1%||740|
Fetterman ran for re-election to the 81st District seat in 2010. He did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. Fetterman lost to Gayle Harrell (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Fetterman won election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 81st District, defeating Michael DiTerlizzi (R) and Kristina Wright (G). Fetterman received 45,314 votes in the election while DiTerlizzi received 40,865 votes, and Wright received 4,699 votes. Fetterman raised $224,059 for his campaign; DiTerlizzi raised $306,134, and Wright raised $1,916.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 81|
|Adam Fetterman (D)||45,314||49.9%|
|Michael DiTerlizzi (R)||40,865||45.0%|
|Kristina Wright (G)||4,699||5.2%|
Below are Fetterman's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Democratic Party||$59,509|
|FL Chiropractic Assoc||$1,500|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$1,500|
|Dade County Classroom Teachers Assoc||$1,500|
- Adam Fetterman's campaign website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Adam Fetterman
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Adam Fetterman on Facebook
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Fetterman Biography
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Fetterman Issue Positions
- ↑ Florida Election Division "Candidate List 2012" Accessed May 11, 2012
- ↑ Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- ↑ Florida House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 81 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 81
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |