|Virginia State Senate District 38|
|High school||Richlands High School, 1988|
|Birthday||September 25, 1970|
|Place of birth||Grundy, VA|
Light received a certificate in Electronics Technology from Tazewell County Vocational School.
Light has worked in a variety of engineering positions. He and his father founded Light Surveying and Mapping in 2000. He is currently employed as General Manager for that company, which is now called LBL & Associates PC.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate, District 38 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Phillip Puckett Incumbent||53%||26,339|
Light's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- 10th Amendment Rights and Virginia Sovereignty
- Excerpt: "As your State Senator, I will vigorously fight any attempt by politicians in Washington to ignore your 10th Amendment rights, and I will work to assert the constitutional rights of Virginia and her citizens in all cases where the federal government has infringed on those rights in violation of the 10th Amendment."
- The Right to Keep and Bear Arms
- Excerpt: "As your State Senator, I will always defend your constitutional rights, including your right to own and carry a firearm. The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits the federal government from infringing upon your right to keep and bear arms."
- Excerpt: "As the son of a teacher in our public school system, and the parent of two recent high school graduates, I understand the issues that our students and our teachers face."
- Energy Costs
- Excerpt: "The rising cost of energy is a huge concern to citizens in Southwest Virginia. As your State Senator, I will use the limited tools available to state government to encourage more energy competition while pushing for greater energy independence for the state, in order to hold down prices for consumers and businesses."
- Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner, I understand how jobs are created, and how difficult it is to keep them in today’s environment. Growing private sector businesses create good jobs, not government.
- Right to Life
- Excerpt: "I strongly support the right to life from the moment of conception until natural death."
- Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt: "Taxes are economic inhibitors. Whatever money that government takes in the form of taxes, is money removed from the economy. It is money that a business would spend on research and development, or expansion, or business development."
- Excerpt: "One of the most important things to remember here is that we must be responsible and smart with our limited funding. We do not face any transportation emergencies in Southwest Virginia. As your Senator, I will only support transportation projects that are fully funded."
Light and his wife, Jennifer, have two children.
- Adam Light's campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Adam Light on Facebook
- Adam Light on Twitter