Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 41|
|Bachelor's||International Relations, Florida International University|
|Master's||MPP, Michigan State University|
|Profession||Homelessness prevention program manager|
Reeder's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Cost of Living
- Excerpt: "We all understand that there is a price to living in such an amazing place. However, the state has an obligation to work towards a lower cost of living, not a higher one; Especially if you consider that most of the state's residents were born here. For them, it's less of a paradise tax, than a birth tax. Our high cost of living is an issue that touches every segment of Hawai'i's population."
- Excerpt: "Our government must ensure the best education, regardless of political alliances or special interests. ...Our schools have made progress in recent years, but the work is far from done. I support an education based on high standards for students, teachers AND administrators, without exception."
- Excerpt: "Here in Hawai'i, we have a responsibility to be good stewards of the land. Just as important, we have an obligation to be good stewards of our local economy. Overreaching environmental policy should never hinder jobs for local workers. I'm dedicated to a balanced approach of protecting our environment, while respecting the need for job growth in this economy."
- Development and Population Growth
- Excerpt: "The rapid rate of growth on the Leeward side has been great for our local economy. With that rapid growth, has come a worsening traffic and infrastructure issue. ...A combination of more lanes and alternate routes are the only long-term solution to our highway traffic dilemma. We need legislators who are willing to explore new solutions, listen to the experts, and find common ground to solve this problem."
Reeder ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 41. Reeder ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 42 incumbent Rida Cabanilla Arakawa (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 41, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Rida Cabanilla Arakawa Incumbent||61.3%||4,330|
Reeder has a wife, Katherine.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Adam + Reeder + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Adam Reeder, "Issues," accessed October 3, 2012 (timed out)
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Adam Reeder, "About Adam," accessed October 3, 2012 (timed out)