Adam J. Satchell
|Rhode Island State Senate District 9|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November, 6, 2012|
|High school||West Warwick High School (1999)|
|Master's||Rhode Island College|
|Place of birth||West Warwick, RI|
Satchell earned his B.A. in Psychology from Merrimack College in 2003 and his M.A. in School Counseling from Rhode Island College in 2009. His professional experience includes working as a guidance counselor in the West Warwick School System and as a teacher at West Warwick High School.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Satchell served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health & Human Services|
Satchell supports restoring the Historical Tax Credit. He also supports collective bargaining rights, marriage equality and further investments in renewable energy.
He has stated, "I hope to bring pride back to West Warwick. I hope to help revitalize our downtown area as well as bring business to our industrial park. I hope to bring life into the downtown and vacant mill properties by restoring the Historical Tax Credit. I also hope to prevent any further cuts to education in West Warwick. I will also try to restore state and federal aid to those in need in our town. While many of my ideas have statewide applications, my first focus will always be the people and the town of West Warwick!"
Elections for the office of Rhode Island State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Adam J. Satchell defeated Debra Tocco in the Democratic primary. Thomas Jones withdrew from the race before the Democratic primary. Michael Pinga ran as an Independent candidate. Satchell defeated Pinga in the general election.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 9 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Adam J. Satchell Incumbent||62.7%||1,564|
Satchell won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island State Senate District 9. He defeated incumbent Michael Pinga in the Democratic primary on September 11. Paul P Caianiello Jr. ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Satchell defeated Caianiello in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Adam J. Satchell||65.4%||6,618|
|Republican||Paul P Caianiello Jr.||32.6%||3,305|
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 9 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michael Pinga Incumbent||42%||833|
Comprehensive donor information for Satchell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Satchell raised a total of $10,875 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 25, 2013.
|Adam Satchell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island State Senate, District 9||$10,875|
|Grand Total Raised||$10,875|
2012Satchell won election to the Rhode Island State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Satchell raised a total of $10,875.
|Rhode Island State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Adam J. Satchell's campaign in 2012|
|National Education Association Rhode Island||$1,500|
|West Warwick Teachers Alliance||$1,000|
|Providence Fire Fighters Local 799||$1,000|
|Coventry Teachers Alliance||$500|
|Rhode Island Federation of Teachers||$400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$10,875|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2014, Satchell's endorsements included the following:
- Rhode Island American Federation of Labor/Congress of Industrial Organizations
- National Education Association of RI
- Council 94-AFSCME
- National Association of Social Workers-Rhode Island Chapter
- Rhode Island Federation of Teachers
- Clean Water Action
- Environment RI
- Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 51
- National Rifle Association… A- Rating
- United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 328
- Iron Workers Local 37
- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 618
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 2323 and Local 99
- Hospital Association of Rhode Island
- Pannone, Lopes, Devereaux, and West Counselors at Law
- Service Employees International Union Local 10
- SEIU Healthcare 1199
- West Warwick Teachers Alliance Local 1017
- CCRI Professional Staff Association
- Warwick Teachers Union Local 915
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
- National Federation of Independent Business in New York: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
Satchell is married to Kayla.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Adam + Satchell + Rhode Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Rhode Island State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Adam J. Satchell on Twitter
- Adam J. Satchell on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Adam J. Satchell," accessed June 6, 2014
- Satchellforsentate.com, "Issues," accessed August 17, 2012
- [Bio submission to ballotpedia]
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Senator in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Senator in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 5, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Satchell, Adam," accessed July 25, 2013
- satchellforsenate.com, "Endorsements," accessed August 6, 2014
Michael Pinga (D)
|Rhode Island State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|