|Michigan House of Representatives, District 55|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
Zemke earned his bachelor's and master's degrees from the College of Engineering at Michigan State University. His professional experience includes working as an automotive engineer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Zemke served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
On his website, Zemke voiced support for increased investment in transportation, Medicare, autism and mental health treatment, green industry, urban revitalization, and education. He expressed himself as being pro-choice, in support of same-sex marriage, and in opposition of denying benefits to same-sex partners.
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Adam Zemke was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Leonard Burk was unopposed in the Republican primary. Zemke defeated Burk in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 55 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Adam Zemke Incumbent||67.9%||19,090|
Zemke won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 55. He defeated Andrea Brown-Harrison in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Owen Diaz (R) and David A. McMahon (G) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 55, General Election, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 55 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Zemke is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Zemke raised a total of $52,471 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 10, 2013.
|Adam Zemke's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 55||$52,471|
|Grand Total Raised||$52,471|
2012Zemke won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Zemke raised a total of $52,471.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Adam Zemke's campaign in 2012|
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$2,000|
|Michigan Health & Hospital Association||$1,500|
|Michigan Education Association||$1,000|
|Michigan Automobile Dealers Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$52,471|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Zemke has been a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Adam + Zemke + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Michigan state legislative districts
- Adam Zemke for State Representative, "About Adam," accessed August 7, 2012
- Adam Zemke for State Representative, "Issues," accessed August 7, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Zemke, Adam," accessed June 10, 2013
Rick Olson (R)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 55
2013 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |