Adams County is one of 67 counties in Pennsylvania. As of the 2000 census, the population was 91,292. It was created on January 22, 1800, from part of York County and named in honor of the second President of the United States, John Adams. Its county seat is Gettysburg.
- Main article: Evaluation of Pennsylvania county websites
- Budget is published.
- Commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Meeting minutes are available.
- Provides information/form on how to file for public records.
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information under respective departments.
- Zoning information provided.
- No information provided on meeting agendas, times, or locations.
- Building permit information not provided.
- No listing the county audits, credit card receipts, or posting on the checkbook register.
- Has some information on tax assessments, but little other local tax information is provided.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.