|U.S. House, Texas, District 34|
|Bachelor's||Pan American University, 1987|
|Birthday||June 8, 1952|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Garza's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Education is the basis for a strong and vibrant economy. The needs and demands of education vary greatly by state and we must respect that. If we want our education system to improve, we must allow the states to determine what the best practices are."
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner, I understand that it is people – not government – who create jobs. We must empower our local communities to create jobs by supporting policies that promote a favorable business climate."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "In every household, there are limitations on your budget. If you spend more than you take in for too long, you will begin to pile under debt from which you cannot escape. It is a similar story with our federal government."
- Excerpt: "As a practicing Catholic, I firmly believe in the sanctity of human life. It is because of this principle that I believe our federal government should not use tax dollars to fund abortions. I will be a vocal defender of our unborn on Capitol Hill."
- Commitment to Veterans
- Excerpt: "Our brave men and women of the military have earned our eternal gratitude through their many acts of valor. We thank them for their service in defense of our nation, its people, and its values."
Garza ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Texas' 34th District. She and Jessica Puente Bradshaw defeated Paul Haring in the May 29, 2012, Republican primary. She was then defeated by Bradshaw in the July 31 runoff.
|U.S. House of Representatives Runoff Election, Texas, Congressional District 34 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jessica Puente Bradshaw||55.3%||5,309|
|Adela Garza (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2012||$0||$73,704.51||$(17,878.38)||$55,826.13|
|Pre-Primary||May 12, 2012||$55,826.13||$6,807.85||$(31,886.05)||$30,747.93|
|July Quarterly||July 3, 2012||$30,747.93||$12,794.03||$(23,708.73)||$19,833.23|
|Pre-Runoff||July 17, 2012||$19,833.23||$7,760||$(2,451.46)||$25,141.77|
Garza and her husband, Faustino, have four children.
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ Republican candidate list
- ↑ Unofficial Republican primary results
- ↑ Associated Press primary runoff results
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report-2012 Republican Party Primary Runoff," accessed August 30, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Adela Garza's Summary Report," Accessed July 27, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Adela Garza April Quarterly," Accessed July 27, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Adela Garza Pre-Primary," Accessed July 27, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Adela Garza July Quarterly," Accessed July 27, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Adela Garza Pre-Runoff," Accessed July 27, 2012
- ↑ Project Vote Smart biography
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |