Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Chicago City Council, Ward 15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||February 24, 2015|
|High school||Curie Metropolitan High School|
|J.D.||University of Chicago|
Mondragon holds a B.A. in Political Science from Yale University and a J.D. from the University of Chicago. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
On his 2012 campaign site, Mondragon highlighted the following issues: Crime
- Excerpt: "Adolfo Mondragón will take a comprehensive approach to the problem that includes not only putting more police on our streets, but also includes addressing mental health and substance abuse problems among our youth and passing laws that impose swift and certain (but less severe) punishment for juvenile offenders."
Environment and Health
- Excerpt: "Community activists and environmental groups have desperately tried for years to clean up or close the Fisk and Crawford plants because both plants emit heat-trapping carbon dioxide, toxic mercury, and other pollutants that create lung-damaging soot and smog at levels that surpass federal regulations. Adolfo Mondragón will never compromise the lives of our families and will fight to clean up or close the Fisk and Crawford plants."
- Excerpt: "Adolfo Mondragón will fight to preserve sustainable homeownership, to reclaim foreclosed housing stock as neighborhood assets, and to combat scams that seeks to exploit vulnerable families facing foreclosures."
- Excerpt: "Adolfo Mondragón will restore honesty and accountability to the 1st Legislative District. He will advocate vigorously for sunshine laws, tougher campaign finance regulations, for a less partisan system of re-districting, for state pension reform, for giving citizens the power to recall elected officials, and for laws making it easier to investigate and root out patronage and corruption at the municipal and state level."
The Budget Crisis
- Excerpt: "The budget crisis can only be solved by reforming the state pension system and generating new streams of revenue. First, we need to address the $73 billion unfunded pension liability by cutting pension benefits for future hires...Second, we need to increase tax revenues."
- Excerpt: "Illinois needs to implement an equalized, state-wide property tax rate that strives to ensure both horizontal equity (per-pupil expenditures) and vertical equity (special needs)."
The city of Chicago, Illinois held elections for city council on February 24, 2015. A runoff will take place on April 7, 2015. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was November 24, 2014. In the general election for Ward 15, Raymond A. Lopez and Rafael Yañez advanced past Adolfo Mondragon, Eddie L. Daniels, Otis Davis, Jr. and Raul O. Reyes. Lopez and Yañez will face each other in a runoff election on April 7, 2015. Raul Ventura and Sandra L. Mallory were removed from the ballot in December 2014. Alberto Bocanegra was removed from the ballot in January 2015. Incumbent Toni Foulkes is running for re-election in Ward 16.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Mondragon ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 1. Mondragon lost to incumbent Antonio Munoz in the Democratic primary on March 30, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Edgar Diaz ran as a Democrat, but was removed from the ballot on January 4, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Antonio Munoz Incumbent||75.6%||8,292|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Adolfo + Mondragon + Chicago"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners - 2014 General Election Candidate List
- Senatorial campaign website
- Mondragon for State Senate, "Biography," accessed December 30, 2011
- Mondragon for State Senate, "Issues," accessed December 30, 2011
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners, "2015 Election Calendar," accessed August 21, 2014
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners, "General Election Candidate List," accessed on December 3, 2014
- Chicago Tribune, "Unofficial election results," accessed February 24, 2015
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate detail - Edgar Diaz," January 4, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Results for the February 2, 2010 primary in Illinois," February 2, 2010
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |