California State Senate, District 20
Galysh earned his bachelor's degree from Duquesne University. His professional experience includes working as a musician, music teacher and for a music accessories business.
Galysh's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- Your Candidate
- Excerpt: "Adrian Galysh believes you are better able to run your life than any politician can. Adrian wants you to be free — free to live your life as you want to live it, not as the Republican and Democratic politicians think is best."
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "Californians cannot afford to alienate businesses with excessive taxes, regulation, and the nation's worst workers' compensation system. However, supporting business does not mean that businesses should receive subsidies and other forms of corporate welfare. "
- Part Time Legislature
- Excerpt: "California’s government has a full-time spending problem. I support a constitutional amendment that would turn California’s full-time legislature into a part-time legislature..."
- Excerpt: "Your tax money should be returned to you, so that you may use it for the public or private (non-profit or for profit; religious or secular) school or college of your choice."
- Excerpt: "Politicians love to posture as friends of particular groups — women, children, and people suffering from a particular disease — by forcing insurance companies to cover some medical procedure that's important to a target audience. But every time the government (state or federal) forces insurers to include another benefit in your policy, your premium has to go up."
- Gun Laws
- Excerpt: "Like so many well-meaning laws in this country, gun laws injure the innocent while allowing the guilty to continue slipping through the net. And the gun laws are particularly tragic because they cause so many deaths."
- Marijuana and Drug Laws
- Excerpt: "Before there were drug laws in America, we did not have the drug problems we have today. And prior to the government's declaration of war on drugs in the 1960's, there were no muggers on the street trying to support a $100-a-day habit, no pushers on high school campuses trying to hook children on drugs, no gangs fighting over drug territories, no drive-by shootings, no crack babies, no overdose problems. "
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2010
- October 30, 2010 snapshot of Galysh's campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in California