was a 2014 Libertarian
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 6th Congressional District
However, she did not appear on the official ballot.
Love currently serves as vice chair of the Libertarian Party of Alabama and the treasurer of the Libertarian State Leadership Alliance. She currently works as a novelist.
Love's campaign website listed the following issues:
- National Debt: "Fiscal responsibility simply isn't enough. Our nation's debt has become so large that it is, for most of us, inconceivable. Our debt now grows by over a trillion dollars a year, in spite of the fact that nearly every politician elected in the last decade has claimed to be fiscally responsible. The federal government must cut its budget by at least 50%."
- Healthcare: "I vehemently oppose all mandatory health insurance laws, including those proposed by the Republican Party. I believe that individuals should be free to choose the medical care they believe is best for themselves. This includes the freedom to seek alternative forms of treatment, such as holistic, homeopathic, chiropractic, , or any other form of treatment they choose."
- Endless War: "It is time for the United States to realize that our policy of intervening in foreign governments only leads to one thing: More war. Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, and Muammar Gaddafi all received military support from the US before they became US enemies. The United States needs more diplomats and fewer soldiers. We need to educate ourselves in how to avoid wars, not win them."
- Abortion: "The sad fact of the matter is that making abortions illegal within the US will not make the problem go away. Rich women will go to foreign countries to receive them and poor women will go to illegal clinics where sympathetic doctors (or medical students, or midwives, or people with no training whatsoever) will preform them in what will likely be unsafe and unsterile conditions. We will then have not only lost the ability to tell how many abortions are being performed, but also be unable to place any restrictions on them, including how late in a pregnancy they may be done."
- Terrorism: "Over 1000 civilians, 200 of them children, have been killed by US drones in Yemen, Pakistan, and Somalia. Each of those innocents left behind family and friends, people who now have good reason to hate the United States. Our current policies are creating dozens of enemies for each one we kill. You can not end terrorism by becoming a terrorist yourself."
—Aimee Love's campaign website, http://loveyourvote.com/#issues
- See also: Alabama's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
Love ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Alabama's 6th District. She did not appear on the ballot.
Love lives in Irondale, Alabama, where she home-schools her 13-year-old daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Aimee+ Love + Alabama + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Aimee Love News Feed
- ↑ Libertarian Party, "Liberty candidates '14," accessed July 14, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Alabama Secretary of State, "2014 Election Information," accessed October 3, 2014
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Love Your Vote, "Meet Aimee," accessed July 21, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "Issues," accessed July 30, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.