|U.S. House, Alabama, District 6|
Mickle grew up in Calera with his grandparents and siblings. He joined the U.S. Navy in 1988 and served as a Corpsman with the Marine Corp. After leaving the armed forces Mickle worked as a sales mananger for a number of corporations.
On his campaign website, Mickle listed his positions on six issues:
- Restoring the Constitution
- Excerpt: "We've witnessed our elected office holders ignore, undermine, and get away from the very pillar that our country was founded upon. I will measure every vote by the U.S. Constitution, to ensure that your freedom and the freedom of your future generations are forever secured."
- Smaller and Less Intrusive Government
- Excerpt: "I believe that WE THE PEOPLE know best how to run our lives rather than any governmental agency or program. I will work daily to restore your freedoms and liberties as parents, as people who can choose how to worship, and how you choose to take care of your family."
- Serving the People
- Excerpt: "Many of our elected office holders say that they represent our voice, yet their voting record does not coincide with their speech. After measuring every vote by the Constitution, I will then get YOUR views, opinions, and desires on the same bill. Every vote will considered through YOUR eyes."
- Balance the Budget
- Excerpt: "You are not able to efficiently provide for your families without balancing your household budget. Our Federal Government should also be required to exercise the same focus and concern over the PEOPLE'S business. Spending cuts, elimination of duplicate departments and programs, and reduction in size of government are all a part of this plan."
- Liberty and Justice for All
- Excerpt: "While I do not intentionally intend to offend anyone, I firmly believe that WE The People have should have the freedom to worship, believe, enjoy, in the manner that we see fit as protected by the Constitution. WE THE PEOPLE will be heard once again."
- Term Limits
- Excerpt: "By implementing term limits we can keep career politicians who are only interested in money, power, or fame from being elected. Additionally, eliminating the lifetime pension/benefit plan will help remove long term politician while also making in our Congressional spending."
Mickle said he ran because "the ideology of politics in Washington has become power oriented rather than people oriented. If elected, I will make it my mission to bring accountability back to the office - and fight to leave the position less intrusive than when I took office.
Mickle is married to his second wife, Karen. He and his first wife were divorced after eight years. Mickle has three children.
- Al Mickle Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook Page
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Al Mickle on Twitter
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|