For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Alabama 1996 ballot measures
1996 ballot in Alabama.Five statewide ballot measures were on the
- Only one went down to defeat--a measure that would have allowed public officials to participate in the state employees' retirement system.
- Voters approved a measure to allow local governments in three cities to pass ordinances allowing for-profit bingo
- All measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Hunting||Guarantees the right to hunt and fish in Alabama|
|Amendment 2||Taxes||Allow public officials to participate in the state employees' retirement system|
|Amendment 3||Law enforcement||Removes the prohibition on guilty pleas within 15 days of arrest in non-capital felony cases|
|Amendment 4||Gambling||Governing bodies in three cities can allow bingo operations for profit|
|Amendment 5||Gambling||Allows Jefferson county to establish monetary bingo prizes|
- 2006 ballot measures
- List of Alabama ballot measures
- Alabama Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state