is one of 100 counties
in North Carolina
- Budget is published.
- Annual financial audit report available.
- County commissioners are listed with contact information. Meeting schedule, minutes, agendas, and videos are available.
- Local tax information is available.
- Department heads are listed with contact information under their respective department.
- Zoning information and building permits available.
Issues with jail
In 2008, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Detention Standards Compliance Review found that the Alamance County jail was "deficient" because of a policy that allowed Tasers to be used on inmates. The jail's 287(g) program was also rated as "seriously flawed."