Alamance County, North Carolina
- Budget is published.
- Annual financial audit report available.
- County commissioners are listed with contact information. Meeting schedule, minutes, agendas, and videos are available.
- Local tax information is available.
- Department heads are listed with contact information under their respective department.
- Zoning information and building permits available.
- Building permits not online.
- Contracts are not online.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
Issues with jail
In 2008, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Detention Standards Compliance Review found that the Alamance County jail was "deficient" because of a policy that allowed Tasers to be used on inmates. The jail's 287(g) program was also rated as "seriously flawed."
- Official Alamance County Website
- Burlington/Alamance Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Alamance Chamber of Commerce
- Alamance County on E-Reference