Alameda County Children's Hospital parcel tax, Measure A (February 2008)
If Measure A had been approved, it would have resulted in the levy of a parcel tax on properties in the county in order to fund grants to the Children's Hospital and Research Center in Oakland for "the construction, expansion, remodeling, renovation, furnishing and equipping projects".
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
Measure B, a different parcel tax measure that also would have generated revenue through a parcel tax levy to support the hospital, was on the same ballot. It also failed.
- These final election results are from the Alameda County election office.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Measure A: "Shall Alameda County impose and collect a special tax on real property parcels in the County commencing on July 1, 2008 and continuing for thirty-five years at rates set forth in the measure, for the purpose of funding grants to Children's Hospital and Research Center Oakland for the construction, expansion, remodeling, renovation, furnishing and equipping projects for Children's Hospital, reimbursing County costs for administration of the tax and ensuring continuing public use of the facilities?"|
- Local ballot measures, California
- California 2008 local ballot measures
- Alameda County, California ballot measures
- Text of ballot measure
- 3 Alameda County bond issues on Tuesday's ballot
- California City Finance election results for February 5, 2008