Georgia House District 113
|Profession||Attorney, Alexander and Saxon|
|Website||Campaign site (timed out)|
Alexander is an attorney and owner of Alexander and Saxon. He graduated from the University of Georgia Law School and was admitted to the Georgia and Florida bars in 1969. Alexander went on to serve in the JAG Corp from 1969 to 1976. He currently serves as City Attorney for Crawford, Georgia and is a member of the Watkinsville First United Methodist Board of Trustees. Alexander has also worked as coach for youth sports. He has six children.
- "In these tough economic times, we need a leader who will fight to respect our tax dollars by spending our money wisely and lowering taxes on our families. With two of my kids in our public schools, I will fight everyday to preserve vital education funding and protect our schools. As a man of faith, I can promise you that I will fight for our conservative values in Atlanta."
The special election for State House District 113 will occur in Oconee County and portions of Clarke, Morgan and Oglethorpe counties. The election is a nonpartisan special election with an open primary. Candidates Charles Williams (R) and Dan Matthews (D) were the top two vote-getters. Since neither received a majority of the vote, a runoff election will be held on Tuesday, July 19, 2011.
- Democratic Candidate:
- Dan Matthews 1,048
- Republican Candidates:
Alexander for House
1091 Founders Boulevard Suite C
Athens, GA 30606
- Alan Alexander Campaign Site (timed out) (timed out)
- Alan Alexander Facebook campaign page
- Athens Patch, "Alan Alexander Discusses Plans for State House Run," May 11, 2011 (Candidate Profile)
- OnlineAthens, Rep. Huckaby resigns Georgia House, April 29, 2011
- Campaign Site, "About Alan," accessed June 15, 2011 (timed out)
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Unofficial Results of the Tuesday, June 21, 2011 Special Election," accessed June 22, 2011
- Secretary of State News, Secretary Kemp Announces the Close of Qualifying for the Special Election in State House District 113, May 18, 2011
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |