|Alabama House of Representatives District 66|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Associate's||East Central Community College|
|Bachelor's||Auburn University, 1978|
|Date of birth||July 15, 1956|
|Place of birth||Brewton, AL|
|Profession||Director, Mortgage and Refinance Business|
Baker currently works as the director of a mortgage and refinance business. He is a retired teacher and coach from T.R. Miller High School.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Baker served on the following committees:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Baldwin County Legislation|
|• Local Legislation, Chair|
|• Technology and Research|
|• Ways and Means Education|
Baker served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Baldwin County Legislation|
|• Economic Development and Tourism|
|• Ethics and Campaign Finance|
|• Local Legislation, Vice-chair|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Alan Baker was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Baker won re-election to the 66th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Baker raised $126,517 for his campaign, while White raised $108,393.
|Alabama State House, District 66 (2006)|
|Alan Baker (R)||5,041|
|F. P. White (D)||4,445|
In 2010, Baker raised $49,125 in contributions.
His six largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$5,000|
|Alabama Wholesale Beer Association||$2,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$1,500|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$1,500|
|Alabama Associated General Contractors||$1,500|
|Fight Back For Justice Fund||$1,500|
Below are Baker's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|AL Education Assoc||$4,000|
|AL Nursing Home Assoc||$1,000|
|AL Pharmacy Assoc||$1,000|
|AL Rural Electric Assoc||$1,000|
In 2006, Baker raised $126,517 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Network Creative Media||$33,284|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$15,494|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$10,000|
|Alan W. Baker||$5,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$5,000|
Baker has a wife, Kaki.
Baker serves on the board of directors for the American Red Cross of Escambia County, Brewton Area Young Men's Christian Association, Children's Advocacy Center, and Habitat for Humanity. He is a member of the Brewton Kiwanis Club, Escambia County Retired Educators Association, and First Baptist Church of Brewton.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of March 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Alan + Baker + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Alan Baker
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Vote Alan Baker for State Senate on Facebook (Dated)
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
- 2006 contributions to Alan Baker
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Baker
|Alabama House District 66
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|