|Alabama House of Representatives District 66|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Auburn University, 1978|
|Associate's||East Central Community College|
|Birthday||July 15, 1956|
|Place of birth||Brewton, AL|
|Profession||Director, Mortgage and Refinance Business|
Baker currently works as the director of a mortgage and refinance business. He is a retired teacher and coach from T.R. Miller High School.
Baker served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Baldwin County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Economic Development and Tourism Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Regulations (Economic Development and Tourism)
- Subcommittee on Ethics
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Alan Baker is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Baker won re-election to the 66th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Baker raised $126,517 for his campaign, while White raised $108,393.
|Alabama State House, District 66 (2006)|
|Alan Baker (R)||5,041|
|F. P. White (D)||4,445|
In 2010, Baker raised $49,125 in contributions.
His six largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$5,000|
|Alabama Wholesale Beer Association||$2,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$1,500|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$1,500|
|Alabama Associated General Contractors||$1,500|
|Fight Back For Justice Fund||$1,500|
Below are Baker's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|AL Education Assoc||$4,000|
|AL Nursing Home Assoc||$1,000|
|AL Pharmacy Assoc||$1,000|
|AL Rural Electric Assoc||$1,000|
In 2006, Baker raised $126,517 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Network Creative Media||$33,284|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$15,494|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$10,000|
|Alan W. Baker||$5,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$5,000|
Baker has a wife, Kaki.
Baker serves on the board of directors for the American Red Cross of Escambia County, Brewton Area Young Men's Christian Association, Children's Advocacy Center, and Habitat for Humanity. He is a member of the Brewton Kiwanis Club, Escambia County Retired Educators Association, and First Baptist Church of Brewton.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Alan + Baker + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Alan Baker
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Vote Alan Baker for State Senate on Facebook (Dated)
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to Alan Baker
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Baker
|Alabama House District 66
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|