|Alabama House of Representatives District 89|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Troy City Council|
|Bachelor's||Troy State University, 1973|
|Master's||Troy State University, 1975|
|Service/branch||Alabama National Guard|
|Service branch||United States Air Force|
|Birthday||November 14, 1945|
|Place of birth||Opp, AL|
|Profession||Chief of Police, Troy State University|
Boothe is chief director of Governmental Relations for Troy State University. He previously worked as chief of police for Troy State University and as coroner for Pike County. Boothe served in the Alabama National Guard and United States Air Force.
Boothe served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Government Regulations (County and Municipal Government)
- Internal Affairs Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Homeland Security and Immigration
- Subcommittee on Public Safety, Chair
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Joel Lee Williams was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Alan Boothe was unopposed in the Republican primary. Williams will face Boothe in the general election.
Boothe won re-election to the 89th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Boothe raised $39,210 for his campaign.
In 2010, Boothe raised $93,334 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Alabama Rural Electric Association||$3,500|
Below are Boothe's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|21st Century PAC||$1,000|
|AL Farmers Federation||$1,000|
|AL Rural Electric Assoc||$750|
|Massey Development Group||$500|
In 2006, Boothe raised $39,210 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
Boothe and his wife, Anne, have two children.
Boothe is a member of the First Baptist Church of Troy, International Chiefs of Police Association, Rotary Club and Alabama Chiefs of Police Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Alan + Boothe + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Alan Boothe
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- 4 WHNT.com, "Alabama lawmakers jump from Democratic Party to GOP in post-election switch," accessed May 5, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to Alan Boothe
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Boothe
|Alabama House District 89
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|