Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Daviess County High School|
|Bachelor's||Furman University, 1989|
|Master's||University of Illinois, 1994|
Claypool's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Individual life, liberty, and private property
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Dean Schamore ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Alan Claypool defeated Jerry Lucas and Brian Key in the Republican primary. Schamore defeated Claypool in the general election.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 10 General Election, 2014|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 10 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Claypool's endorsements included:
- U.S. Representative Thomas Massie (R)
- Freedoms Heritage Forum
- Gun Owners of America
- National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund
- Housing Industry PAC of Kentucky
- Take Back Kentucky
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Alan + Claypool + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky House of Representatives
- Kentucky House of Representatives District 10
- Kentucky House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Kentucky State Legislature
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed October 29, 2014
- Campaign Fund to Elect Alan Claypool, "Issues," accessed May 6, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Election Results," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 General Election Results," accessed December 5, 2014
- Campaign Fund to Elect Alan Claypool, "Endorsements & Media," accessed May 6, 2014
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |