For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Alan Lacher is a resident of Suffolk County, New York. Lacher earned his bachelor's degree in business administration, management information systems and business management from the State University of New York at Albany. He also studied executive education, strategy and marketing at the Wharton School of Business. Early in his career, Lacher worked as a senior consultant at Accenture, director of professional services at WinMill Software and senior manager at Vitech Systems Group. Since 2004, he has been employed by Custom Computer Specialists, Inc. in a variety of roles, including his current position of chief operating officer.
Alan Lacher and four other challengers lost to incumbents Diana Acampora, Paul Peller and Betty DeSabato for the three at-large seats in the general election on May 20, 2014. Acampora, Peller and DeSabato ran together as a slate.
|Half Hollow Hills Central School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Diana Acampora Incumbent||15.8%||1,179|
|Nonpartisan||Paul Peller Incumbent||14.9%||1,116|
|Nonpartisan||Betty DeSabato Incumbent||14.8%||1,106|
|Source: Half Hollow Hills Central School District, "Home," accessed May 21, 2014|
Lacher did not receive any endorsements during the election.
About the districtSuffolk County, New York. The county seat of Suffolk County is Riverhead, New York. Suffolk County is home to 1,499,738 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. Half Hollow Hills Central is the 15th-largest school district in New York, serving 9,868 students during the 2011-2012 school year.
Suffolk County underperformed in comparison to the rest of New York in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 32.6 percent of Suffolk County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 32.8 percent for New York as a whole. The median household income in Suffolk County was $87,778 compared to $57,683 for the state of New York. The poverty rate in Suffolk County was 6.1 percent compared to 14.9 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Alan + Lacher + Half + Hollow + Hills + Central + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Half Hollow Hills Central School District, New York
- Half Hollow Hills Central School District elections (2014)
- LinkedIn, "Alan Lacher," accessed May 19, 2014
- Facebook, "Peller, Acampora & DeSabato for HHH School Board," accessed May 19, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Contribution Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Expenditure Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Suffolk County, New York," accessed April 11, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "NYS Voter Enrollment by County, Party Affiliation and Status - Voters Registered as of November 01, 2013," accessed April 11, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Half Hollow Hills Central School District Elections|
|Suffolk County, New York|
|Election date:||May 20, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, Betty DeSabato • Incumbent, Diana Acampora • Incumbent, Paul Peller • Craig Gardy • Matthew Glaser • Stephanie Gurin • Adam Kleinberg • Alan Lacher|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|