|Wisconsin State Senate District 1|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Lasee became involved with politics as the town supervisor from 1971 to 1973 and later as the town chair from 1973 to 1982 and from 1985 to 2000. At this time, he was also involved with other organizations, including the Brown County Republican Party. In 1974, he was elected to the Wisconsin State Assembly. Three years later, he became a Senator. His roles in the Senate included President Pro Tempore (1995), and President (2003-2005).
Lasee attended St. Norbert High School. Before entering into politics, he was a dairy farmer.
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lasee served on these committees:
- Ethics Reform and Government Operations Committee, Wisconsin Senate
- Labor, Elections and Urban Affairs Committee, Wisconsin Senate
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2010
Alan Lasee raised $63,608 for his campaign, while Charlie Most raised $42,086 and Jill Bussiere raised $10,353.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 1 (2006)|
|Alan Lasee (R)||40,341|
|Charlie Most (D)||29,066|
|Jill Bussiere (G)||3,712|
Recently, Sen. Lasee reintroduced a bill to the Senate which would prohibit text messaging while driving.
He also proposed a bill regarding drunk drivers. This bill would require people convicted of two of more incidents of drunk driving to surrender their license plates for a period of time and, with enough offenses, have their vehicle taken away.
In 2008, Lasee collected $30,630 in donations.
Listed below are the top three contributors to his campaign.
|Wisconsin Hospital Association||$1,000|
Top political contributors
Lasee's top contributors of 2008:
- Wisconsin Hospital Assoc.
- Wisconsin Dental Assoc.
- Wisconsin Society of Anesthesiologists
- Dean Health System
- Northwester Mutual Life
- American Family Insurance
- Associated Builders & Contractors of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Builders Assoc.
- Operating Engineers Local 139
- Gary and Diane Krull
- Follett, Mark
- Wisconsin Motor Carriers Assoc.
- Wisconsin Federation of Cooperatives
- Wisconsin Restaurant Assoc.
- Tavern League OF Wisconsin
- United Transportation Union
Alan Lasee was born in Rockland, WI, where he lives today. Lasee is the owner of exotic animals. He is married with 6 children.
- Wisconsin Senate Biography
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign contributions: 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
|Wisconsin State Senate District 1
| Succeeded by|
Frank Lasee (R)