Alan Randal Olsen
|Oregon State Senate District 20|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position ||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1969-1971|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
(b. March 24, 1948) is a Republican
member of the Oregon State Senate
, representing District 20
. He was first elected to the chamber in 2010.
Olsen earned his B.S. in Chemistry from Purdue University. His professional experience includes working as a general contractor and as a small business owner. Olsen served in the U.S. Army from 1969 to 1971.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Olsen served on the following committees:
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oregon State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Jamie Damon was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Alan Olsen was unopposed in the Republican primary. Damon and Olsen will face off in the general election.
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2010
Olsen defeated incumbent Martha Schrader (D) in the November 2 general election, and a December 14 recount confirmed his victory.
| Oregon State Senate, District 20 (2010)
| Alan Olsen (R)
| Martha Schrader (D)
Comprehensive donor information for Alan Olsen is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Alan Olsen raised a total of $355,381 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 18, 2013.
Alan Olsen was not up for election to the Oregon State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Alan Olsen raised a total of $82,776
|Oregon State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Alan Olsen's campaign in 2012|
|The Leadership Fund||$10,255|
|Associated General Contractors||$4,500|
|Doctors for Healthy Communities||$3,500|
|Oregon Neighborhood Store Association||$3,129|
|Total Raised in 2012||$82,776|
|Source:Follow the Money
Alan Olsen won election to the Oregon State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Alan Olsen raised a total of $272,605
|Oregon State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Alan Olsen's campaign in 2010|
|Oregon Senate Republican Leadership Fund||$179,920|
|Friends of Ted Ferrioli||$14,500|
|Cmte to Elect Doug Whitsett||$9,500|
|May Trucking Co||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$272,605|
|Source:Follow the Money
Olsen is married to Juanita.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Alan + Olsen + Oregon + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Alan Olsen News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Olsen," accessed May 23, 2014
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 15, 2014
- ↑ Canby Herald, "Schrader-Olsen limited recount is "spot on," December 14, 2010(Archived)
- ↑ OregonLive, "Senate Democrats seek partial recount in Olsen-Schrader race," December 06, 2010
- ↑ Oregon Live Election, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Olsen, Alan," accessed July 18, 2013
| Political offices
Martha Schrader (R)
|Oregon State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|