|Indiana House of Representatives District 42|
|November 7, 2012-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed by||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Slippery Rock University|
|Master's||Indiana State University|
|Profession||Assistant Director for Recreational Facilities|
Morrison earned his B.S. from Slippery Rock University and his M.A. from Indiana State University. His professional experience includes working as an Assistant Director for Recreational Facilities at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and Corporate Sales Account Executive for a minor league hockey team in Flint, Michigan, the Flint Generals.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Morrison served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Rural Development, Vice-chair|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Utilities and Energy|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Mark C. Spelbring is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Alan Morrison is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Morrison won election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 42. Morrison defeated Jim Meece and Bill Webster in the May 8 Republican primary and defeated Mark Spelbring (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 42, General Election, 2012|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 42 Republican Primary, 2012|
Morrison was endorsed by The Indiana Chamber of Commerce on March 16, 2012.
In the May 4 primary election, Morrison ran unopposed. 
Comprehensive donor information for Morrison is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Morrison raised a total of $356,146 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 9, 2013.
|Alan Morrison's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Indiana State House, District 42||$225,579|
|2010||Indiana State House, District 43||$130,567|
|Grand Total Raised||$356,146|
2012Morrison won election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Morrison raised a total of $225,579.
|Indiana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Alan Morrison's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte of Indiana||$75,428|
|Hoosiers For Economic Growth||$70,000|
|Indiana Chamber of Commerce||$18,102|
|Fieler, Sean M||$15,000|
|Associated Builders & Contractors of Indiana||$10,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$225,579|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Morrison and his wife, Cinda, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Alan + Morrison + Indiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Results for the May 4, 2010 primary in Indiana
- Watchdog Indiana Candidate Ratings
- Campaign website
- Facebook page
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Alan Morrison for Indiana "About" accessed April 23, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Elect Alan Morrison "IBRG Endorsement" Accessed May 1, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Morrison, Alan," accessed September 9, 2013
Floyd Grubb (D)
|Indiana House of Representatives District 42
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |