|Former candidate for|
|Arizona State Senate, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|(timed out) Campaign website|
Pease's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Pease on Jobs & the Economy
- Excerpt: "I will be under another vote to create more jobs by lowering taxes on businesses and families. Arizona should be the destination for jobs and economic opportunity, while other states like California run business out of their state."
Pease on Education
- Excerpt: "We need to improve education by rewarding good teachers with pay for high performance, more funding for science, math and technology in our schools. We are falling behind other states when it comes to educating our children in preparation of tomorrow's economy."
Pease on Immigration and Border
- Excerpt: "When it comes to drug and human smuggling, I will be a strong advocate for enforcing all of our laws. Our Sheriffs, state and local law enforcement need our full support to combat drug trafficking by the Mexican Drug Cartels and to root out gangs in Arizona. We need to apply further pressure on the federal government to secure our US/Mexican border prior to discussion of green cards and path to citizenship. For the record, I'm against Sen. McCain's Gang of 8 legislation."
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Arizona State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 28, 2014. Incumbent Barbara McGuire was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Irene Littleton defeated Alan Pease and Harold Vangilder in the Republican primary. McGuire defeated Littleton in the general election. Kevin Sullivan (L) filed to run but was removed from the candidate list after the primary.
|Arizona State Senate District 8, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Barbara McGuire Incumbent||50.7%||17,654|
|Arizona State Senate, District 8 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Alan + Pease + Arizona + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Arizona State Senate
- Arizona State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website (timed out)
- Alan Pease on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Arizona State Legislature
- Pease for State Senate, "Main page," accessed July 28, 2014 (timed out)
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election," May 28, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014