|Former candidate for|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 77|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Maine|
|Master's||American Military University|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Service branch||Maine National Guard|
Tibbetts grew up in Eustis, Maine. He earned his bachelor's degree in political science form the University of Maine.
For 33 years, Tibbett served in the United States military beginning in 1979 until his retirement in 2013. Upon receiving a U.S. Army commission from ROTC he was stationed in Germany for three years. After leaving active duty and returning to Maine, he joined the Maine Army National Guard and served for 30 more years in various capacities, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel. His responsibilities included managing a $20 million budget, negotiating labor contracts and investigating fraud, waste and abuse.
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the general election was September 22, 2014. Alan Tibbetts was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 78 incumbent Robert Nutting was unopposed in the Republican primary. Nutting defeated Tibbetts in the general election.
|Maine House of Representatives District 77, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Robert Nutting Incumbent||52.2%||2,225|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Alan + Tibbetts + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives
- Maine House of Representatives District 77
- Maine House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Alan Tibbetts for State, "About Alan," accessed June 3, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |