Alaska 2012 ballot measures
- Two measures appeared on the August 28, 2012 primary election ballot.
- The petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 was January 17, 2012.
- The state signature requirement for indirect initiated state statutes was 25,875.
- The 2011 state legislative session ended on April 17, 2011. However, measures could have been referred to the ballot during the 2012 session.
- The 2012 state legislative session began on January 17, 2012 and ended on April 15, 2012.
On the ballot
- See also: 2012 ballot measures
The following measures will appear or have appeared on the ballot in 2012:
|IndISS||Ballot Measure 1||Taxes||Act increasing the maximum residential property exemption.||
|IndISS||Ballot Measure 2||Environment||To establish a new coastal management program.||
|LRSS||Bonding Proposition A||Bond issues||General obligation bonds for the purpose of transportation projects.||
|ABR||Ballot Measure 1||Constitutional conventions||Would create a convention to revise, alter or amend the state constitution.||
Not on the ballot
The following measures did not appear on the ballot:
|IndISS||Enrichment From Public Office Act||Admin. of gov't||Outlaw one’s personal use of public office to enrich one’s self|
|IndISS||Act to Recognize Legal Personhood||Abortion||Personhood of unborn children from beginning stages|
|Advisory||Pipeline Funding Question||Natural resources||State money to fund gas pipeline and money be taken from permanent fund.|
|Spending Cap Amendment||Administration of government||Would place a spending cap on oil revenue collected.|
Note: The two failed citizen initiatives had two chances to make the statewide ballot in Alaska. Originally, the proposals were initiative efforts for the 2010 ballot. Since the January 15, 2010 deadline for that ballot was not met, the two initiative efforts could have still tried for the 2012 ballot. This was possible because Alaska has a rolling deadline of one year from the time that an initiative is approved for signature circulation. These initiatives did not meet the one year deadline either, effectively killing the proposals.
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- List of Alaska ballot measures
- 2012 ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Alaska
- Alaska Legislature