Alaska Civil Liberties Union
|Alaska Civil Liberties Union|
|Executive Director:||Joshua Decker|
According to their website, the organization works "daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States"
- Interim Executive Director: Joshua Decker
- Director of Affiliate Development & Communications: Drew Phoenix
- Legal Director: Tom Stenson
The ACLUAK supported a lawsuit filed by Vic Fischer, a former Democratic legislator in the state of Alaska concerning Alaska Personhood of Unborn Children Act (2010). The lawsuit states that Lieutenant Governor Craig Campbell shouldn’t have certified the measure. The lawsuit also aims to stop the sponsors of the bill from circulating the petition.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Alaska+ Civil+ Liberties+ Union"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- Anchorage Assembly passes Spice ban unanimously - Alaska Dispatch
- Alaska group takes next step to legalize marijuana - KATU
- In major shift, DC residents strongly support legalizing marijuana - Washington Post
- ACLU challenges Wyoming on inmate headgear - The Missoulian
- Alaska group takes steps to legalize marijuana - Fox News
- The ACLU and Insane Clown Posse Fight The Feds - Detroit Metro Times
- Anchorage Assembly passes Spice ban, puts port management, election ... - Alaska Dispatch
- Alaska Marijuana Legalization Takes Another Step Forward - Newsmax.com
- Washington DC considers decriminalizing marijuana - RT
- Fly by: Ventura County passed over for drone testing site - Thousand Oaks Acorn
- PACs and Super PACS
- Political action committee
- Super PAC
- Federal Election Commission
- Alaska Personhood of Unborn Children Act (2010)
- Alaska State Senate
- Alaska House of Representatives