Alaska Dedicated Funds Amendment (2010)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Wilson proposed the amendment due to laws in the state constitution that did not allow for dedicated funds such as the introduced Transportation Infrastructure Fund. The Transportation Committee approved the ballot question on February 9, 2010. However, further steps must have been taken in order for the amendment to be placed on the ballot. Legislative session adjourned without the measure being sent to the ballot.
- (a) The revenue received after April 1, 2011, from any state tax on fuel used for the propulsion of motor vehicles, aircraft, and watercraft, less refunds, credits, and collection costs as provided by law, and from a registration fee levied for a motor vehicle that is not a special registration fee provided by law shall be placed in a transportation infrastructure fund. The legislature may appropriate additional amounts to the fund. The fund shall be managed as an endowment. Each year, the legislature may appropriate a percentage of the average market value of the fund as established by law for capital projects for transportation and related facilities.
- (b) The legislature shall provide by law for the management and investment of the fund balance. The income earned from the fund shall be deposited into the fund.
Path to the ballot
- Alaska 2010 ballot measures
- List of Alaska ballot measures
- Ballot measures about transportation in Alaska
- The House Majority, "Peggy Wilson Proposes Alaska Transportation Infrastructure Fund For Fall Ballot," February 5, 2010
- Canadian Business Online, "Falling federal transportation funding fuels push for $1B Alaska transportation endowment," February 10, 2010 (dead link)
- Alaska Legislature, "House Joint Resolution 42," February 5, 2010
State of Alaska
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Comptroller | Commissioner of the Department of Revenue | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Regulatory Commission |