Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Maine State Senate, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate for District 16
of the Maine State Senate
. Fortier withdrew after the primary.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 25 incumbent Colleen Lachowicz was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Alek Fortier was unopposed in the Republican primary but withdrew afterwards; he was replaced by Scott Cyrway. Cyrway defeated Lachowicz in the general election.
|Maine State Senate District 16, General Election, 2014
|| Colleen Lachowicz Incumbent
|| Blank Votes
- See also: Maine House of Representatives elections, 2012
Fortier ran in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 77. Fortier ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 12, 2012, but then withdrew.
- See also: Maine House of Representatives elections, 2010
Fortier's opponent in the November 2 general election was Democratic candidate Thomas Longstaff. According to unofficial results, Longstaff defeated Fortier in the November 2 general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Alek + Fortier + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Alek Fortier News Feed
- ↑ Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- ↑ Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- ↑ Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- ↑ Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- ↑ Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- ↑ Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2012
- ↑ Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014