Alex Diaz de la Portilla
|Alex Diaz de la Portilla|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 112|
|Florida State Senate District 36|
Diaz de la Portilla served in the Florida State House of Representatives from 1994 to 2000.
Diaz de le Portilla's professional experience includes volunteering for the Reagan-Bush Campaign in 1980 and working as Assistant to the State Director for the Reagan-Bush Youth Campaign in 1984, Political Consultant for Diaz de la Portilla Incorporated, as Vice President of De Mattress Incorporated and Political Consultant for Winning Strategies Incorporated.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs Committee, Florida State Senate
- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities Committee, Florida State Senate
- Ethics and Elections Committee, Florida State Senate
- Regulated Industries Committee, Florida State Senate
- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Committee, Florida State Senate
Diaz de la Portilla ran in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 112. Diaz de la Portilla defeated Gustavo Barreiro and Eric Cecillio Padron in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and was defeated by Jose Javier Rodriguez (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 112, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jose Javier Rodriguez||53.7%||28,053|
|Republican||Alex Diaz de la Portilla||46.3%||24,195|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 112 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Alex Diaz de la Portilla||58.8%||4,396|
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
Diaz de la Portilla did not run for re-election to the 36th District seat in 2010 as he reached his term limit. The primary took place on August 24, 2010. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
On November 7, 2006, Diaz de la Portilla won re-election to the Florida Senate from Florida's 36th Senate district. Diaz de la Portilla received 50,879 votes in the election, defeating Angie Rodriguez (write-in), who received 30 votes. Diaz de la Portilla raised $284,500 for his campaign.
|Florida Senate, District 36|
|Alex Diaz de la Portilla (R)||50,879||99.9%|
|Angie Rodriguez (write-in)||30||0.1%|
In 2006, Diaz de la Portilla collected $284,500 in campaign donations. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Wellcare Health Plans||$2,000|
|Florida Retail Federation||$2,000|
|Florida Home Builders Association||$2,000|
|Florida Cable Telecommunications Association||$1,500|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$1,500|
Diaz de la Portilla has a wife, Claudia Davant.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Alex + Portilla + Florida + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida State Senate
- Florida Senate Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Project Vote Smart Alex Diaz de la Portilla candidate summary
- Project Vote Smart Alex Diaz de la Portilla biography
- Alex Diaz de la Portilla on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Florida Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 14, 2012
- [ http://election.dos.state.fl.us/elections/resultsarchive/Index.asp?ElectionDate=11/7/2006&DATAMODE= Florida Senate official election results for 2006]
- Follow the Money, "2006 Contributions," accessed December 16, 2014
|Florida Senate, District 36
| Succeeded by|
Miguel Diaz de la Portilla
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |