|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 12|
|January 13, 2015 - present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||Four terms (8 years)|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Jensen served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Joint Appropriations|
Jensen's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Economic Development and a Friendly Business Environment
- Excerpt: "Together we have created a great place to own and grow a business in South Dakota. I will work on maintaining and improving that environment. Entrepreneurship is a major focus of mine. From an economic development standpoint, I will help foster an environment where new ventures can succeed in Sioux Falls."
Education and Workforce Development
- Excerpt: "One of the greatest tools to equip our workforce is education. We need local control of schools because parents and teachers know what is best for each individual student. Youth development is the greatest tool in developing a sustainable future for South Dakota. We need to provide the educational opportunities -- K-12, tech/vocational and collegiate -- and the professional opportunities to grow South Dakota's economy and keep our next generation at home."
- Excerpt: "I am a fiscal conservative. South Dakota's economic strength and stability comes from spending within our means and saving dollars as able. As your representative, I will make certain that our tax structure is fair and equitable. I vow to be a good steward of your tax dollars."
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Susan M. Randall and Ellee Spawn were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Arch Beal and Alex Jensen defeated Kevin O'Connell and Scott Bartlett in the Republican primary. Beal and Jensen defeated Randall and Spawn in the general election.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 12, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Susan M. Randall||25.3%||3,181|
|Source: South Dakota Secretary of State|
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 12 Republican Primary, 2014|
|D. Scott Bartlett||18%||389|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Alex + Jensen + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the South Dakota State Legislature
- Profile from Open States
- Official campaign website
- Alex Jensen on Facebook
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- Alex Jensen campaign website, "Issues," accessed September 25, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
Manford Steele (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 12
| Succeeded by|