|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 54|
|2008 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Date of birth||May 5, 1962|
Monsour's professional biography includes working as a business owner and realtor.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Monsour served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Judiciary B|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Ports, Harbors and Airports, Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Monsour served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Judiciary B|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Juvenile Justice|
|• Ports, Harbors and Airports|
On November 8, 2011, Monsour won re-election to District 54 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Monsour was elected in District 54, defeating Democrat Jennifer Thomas and Independent Thomas Setser.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 54 (2007)|
|Alex Monsour (R)||4,961||66.64%|
|Jennifer Thomas (D)||1,264||22.50%|
|Thomas Setser (I)||809||10.87%|
In 2011, Monsour received $0 in campaign donations.
In 2007, Monsour collected $70,128 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Monsour, Alex & Amanda||$40,000|
|Mississippi Republican Party||$5,000|
|Home Builders Association of Mississippi||$3,000|
|Mississippi Association of Realtors||$3,000|
|Mississippi Medical Association||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Monsour has been a member of the Knights of Columbus.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Alex + Monsour + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2003
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Moak
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Election Results," accessed March 23, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Alex Monsour
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 54
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |