|Board member, Ontario-Montclair Elementary Board of Education, At-large|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 2016|
Alfonso Sanchez is an at-large member on the Ontario-Montclair Elementary Board of Education in California. He was first elected to the board with a two-year term in the general election on November 4, 2014.
The election in Ontario-Montclair Elementary featured four seats up for general election on November 4, 2014. There was no primary election.
Three at-large incumbents were up for election to four-year terms. The other seat was vacant and up for election to a two-year term.
Incumbents Elvia M. Rivas, Kris Brake and Samuel Crowe ran against challengers John B. Lira, Robert Anthony Ortega, Michael C. Flores, Lucy Aguilar, Marco Solis and Leobardo Solis for the four-year term seats. Crowe, Rivas and Flores won the three four-year terms by defeating Lira, Ortega, Aguilar and Solis in the general election.
|Ontario-Montclair Elementary School District, At-Large General Election, 2-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Humberto "Berto" Garcia||11.8%||1,519|
|Source: San Bernardino County Registrar of Voters, "Statewide General Election: November 4, 2014," accessed December 23, 2014|
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of California State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Connie M. Leyva (D) and Matthew Munson (R) defeated Shannon O'Brien (D), Sylvia Robles (D) and Alfonso "Al" Sanchez (D) in the blanket primary. Leyva defeated Munson in the general election.
|California State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Connie M. Leyva||62.4%||56,943|
Sanchez's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As your State Senator, Alfonso is committed to:
- restore public trust, integrity and honesty in our State Senate
- work with local chambers of commerce and small business to create good paying local jobs
- work to gain regional local control of the Ontario Airport
- invest in infrastructure projects that will: clean sources of contaminated groundwater, fund highway and rail projects to improve goods movement and ease traffic congestion
- ensure quality education and adequate funding for students in our public schools and institutions of higher education"
About the district
Ontario-Montclair Elementary School District is located in San Bernardino County, California. The county seat of San Bernardino County is San Bernardino. San Bernardino County is home to 2,088,371 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. In the 2011-2012 school year, Ontario-Montclair Elementary School District was the 61st-largest school district by enrollment in California and served 22,569 students.
San Bernardino County underperformed compared to the rest of California in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 18.6 percent of San Bernardino County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 30.5 percent for California as a whole. The median household income for San Bernardino County was $54,750 compared to $61,400 for the entire state. The percentage of people below poverty level for San Bernardino County was 17.6 percent while it was 15.3 percent statewide.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Alfonso + Sanchez + Ontario-Montclair + Elementary + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ontario-Montclair Elementary School District, California
- Ontario-Montclair Elementary School District elections (2014)
- California State Senate elections, 2014
- California State Senate District 20
- Ontario-Montclair Elementary School District
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- San Bernardino County Registrar of Voters, "Alfonso Sanchez for School Board 2014-FPPC 460," October 6, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 14, 2014
- alfonso-sanchez.com, "About," accessed May 2, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "San Bernardino County, California," accessed July 14, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- San Bernardino County Registrar of Voters, "Past Election Archives," accessed July 14, 2014
- San Bernardino County Registrar of Voters, "Past Elections: 2007-1996," accessed July 14, 2014
|2014 Ontario-Montclair Elementary School District Elections|
|San Bernardino County, California|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large (four-year term): • Incumbent, Elvia M. Rivas • Incumbent, Kris Brake • Incumbent, Samuel Crowe • John B. Lira • Robert Anthony Ortega • Michael C. Flores • Lucy Aguilar • Marco Solis • Leobardo Solis |
At-large (two-year term): • Sarah Galvez • Elizabeth Ricci • Humberto "Berto" Garcia • Alfonso Sanchez
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|