|Board member, Troup County Board of Education, District 7|
|Years in position||27|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 20, 2014|
McNair currently works as a pharmacist for West Georgia Health.
Alfred McNair ran against Eric Cedek Davenport in the general election on May 20, 2014.
|Troup County School System, District 7 General Election, 4-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Alfred McNair Incumbent||52.8%||290|
|Nonpartisan||Eric Cedek Davenport||47.2%||259|
|Source: Georgia Secretary of State, "UNOFFICIAL COUNTY RESULTS," May 20, 2014 These results are unofficial.|
McNair did not report any contributions or expenditures to the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission.
McNair did not receive any endorsements in this election.
About the district
- See also: Troup County School System, Georgia
Troup County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Georgia in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 19.7 percent of Troup County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 27.8 percent for Georgia as a whole. The median household income in Troup County was $40,246 compared to $49,604 for the state of Georgia. The poverty rate in Troup County was 22.1 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
|Racial Demographics, 2012|
|Race||Troup County (%)||Georgia (%)|
|Black or African American||34.4||31.2|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.3||0.5|
|Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander||0.1||0.1|
|Two or More Races||1.4||1.8|
|Hispanic or Latino||3.5||9.2|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Alfred + McNair + Troup + County + Schools + Georgia"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Troup County School System, "Board Members," accessed May 19, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Troup County, Georgia," accessed May 13, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed May 13, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 Troup County School System Elections|
|Troup County, Georgia|
|Election date:||May 20, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 1: • Allen Simpson|
District 7: • Eric Cedek Davenport • Alfred McNair
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|