|New York State Senate, District 60|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
was a 2014 Democratic
candidate for District 60
of the New York State Senate
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Senate
will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014
. The signature-filing deadline for candidates
wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Marc C. Panepinto
defeated Alfred T. Coppola
in the Democratic primary, while Kevin T. Stocker
defeated incumbent Mark Grisanti
in the Republican primary. Timothy D. Gallagher
is running on the Conservative Party
ticket. Panepinto is running on the Working Families Party
ticket and Grisanti is running on the Independence Party of New York State
ticket. Panepinto, Stocker, Gallagher and Grisanti (IND) will face off in the general election.
The New York State Senate is a battleground chamber that Ballotpedia has identified as having the opportunity to switch partisan control in 2014. The New York Senate has a difference in partisan balance between Democrats and Republican of three seats, which amounts to 4.8 percent of the chamber. District 60 in the Senate has been identified by Ballotpedia and ABC 7 (WKBW.com) as a battleground district that could determine control of the New York State Senate. This race has been heating up since the Republican primary where Incumbent Mark Grisanti was defeated by Kevin T. Stocker. Stocker (R), Grisanti (I), Marc C. Panepinto (D) and Timothy D. Gallagher (C) will face off in the general election. Political analyst Bob Davis explains that the race, "could put the balance of power for the New York State Senate up for grabs come November." The district is up for grabs, especially since it is made up of about 86-thousand Democrats, 51-thousand Republicans and 97-hundred Independents.
|New York State Senate, District 60 Democratic Primary, 2014
Marc C. Panepinto
| Alfred T. Coppola
|New York State Senate, District 60 Republican Primary, 2014
Kevin T. Stocker
| Mark Grisanti Incumbent
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Coppola ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 60. He was defeated by Michael L. Amodeo in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. Incumbent Mark Grisanti is running against Kevin T. Stocker in the Republican primary. Gregory L. Davis is running unopposed in the Working Families Party primary. Grisanti, Marie C. Clark, and Brian J. Siklinski are running in the Independence primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 60 Democratic Primary, 2012
| Charles Swanick
| Alfred Coppola
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Alfred + Coppola + New + York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Alfred Coppola News Feed
- ↑ New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- ↑ New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- ↑ WKBW.com, "60th District NYS Senate Race Heating Up," September 10, 2014
- ↑ State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- ↑ State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- ↑ State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Senate Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- ↑ State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014