|Former candidate for|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 188|
Allen earned his B.S. in Finance from Hampton University. His professional experience includes working as an entrepreneur and community activist.
Allen's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Marriage and Gender Equality
- Excerpt: "Our rights under the law must not be impeded by our expression of who we are, or how we love."
Public School Equality
- Excerpt: "Every neighborhood must have the financial, instructional, and vocational resources to prepare children to make the most of their futures."
Community Investment & Economic Participation
- Excerpt: "Poverty, crime, and lack of education are interconnected. Our challenged neighborhoods need reinforcement to create greater stability."
- Excerpt: "Our voting rights must not be limited in any way."
Fair Opportunities for Disenfranchised Persons
- Excerpt: "We must responsibly maintain our humanity in our policies affecting people who are seeking to participate productively and with dignity."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent James Roebuck, Jr. defeated Algernong Allen in the Democratic primary, while Ernest Adkins was unopposed in the Republican primary. Roebuck defeated Adkins in the general election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 188 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|James Roebuck, Jr. Incumbent||69.4%||4,157|
Allen and his wife have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Algernong + Allen + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 188
- Official campaign website
- Algernong Allen on Facebook
- Algernong Allen on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Pennsylvania Department of State- Official candidate list
- (dead link) www.allen2014.com, "About Allen," accessed May 10, 2014
- (dead link) www.allen2014.com, "Vision," accessed May 10, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |