Allan B. Heard
|Allan B. Heard|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board member, Robertson County Board of Education, District 1|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||August 7, 2014|
|First elected||August 3, 2006|
Allan B. Heard is the District 1 member of the Robertson County Board of Education in Tennessee. He won the general election unopposed on August 7, 2014. He was first elected to the board on August 3, 2006.
The general election in Robertson County featured two seats up for election on August 7, 2014. Stoney Crockett won re-election in District 2 against challenger Gary N. Lima. Incumbent Allan B. Heard won his election unopposed to retain his District 1 seat.
|Robertson County Schools, District 1 General Election, 4-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Allan B. Heard Incumbent||100%||1,308|
|Source: The Tennessean, "Robertson County election results," August 7, 2014|
The Robertson County Election Commission does not publish and freely disclose school board candidate campaign finance reports.
Heard did not receive any endorsements during the election.
About the district
- See also: Robertson County Schools, Tennessee
Robertson County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Tennessee in terms of education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 16.3 percent of Robertson County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 23.5 percent for Tennessee as a whole. The median household income for Robertson County was $52,588 compared to $44,140 for the state of Tennessee. The percentage of people below poverty level for Robertson County was 13.0 percent while it was 17.3 percent for the state of Tennessee.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Allan + Heard + Robertson + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States Census Bureau, "Robertson County, Tennessee," accessed April 16, 2013
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Election Results," accessed June 25, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 Robertson County Schools Elections|
|Robertson County, Tennessee|
|Election date:||August 7, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 1: • Incumbent, Allan B. Heard|
District 2: • Incumbent, Stoney Crockett • Gary N. Lima
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|