Allan R. Mansoor
|California State Assembly District 74|
|December 6, 2010-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|Associate's||Coastline Community College|
Mansoor earned his associate's degree from Coastline Community College. His professional experience includes working as a campus safety officer at Orange Coast College and working as deputy sheriff of the Orange County Sheriff's Department since 1993.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mansoor served on the following committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Jobs, Economic Development, and the Economy, Vice-chair|
|• Legislative Audit|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mansoor served on these committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Public Employees, Retirement and Social Security, Vice-chair|
On his 2012 campaign site, Mansoor outlines his campaign themes:
- "My entire career has been dedicated to public service. While I was working as a Deputy Sheriff, I ran for City Council because city leadership was not responsive to concerns from local residents. To make sure the entire community had a voice, I instituted an open-door policy I maintain to this day. After eight years on the Costa Mesa City Council, I ran for State Assembly. I left my job with the Sheriff's Department and gave up retirement with a full pension, so I could work on the problems that are bankrupting California. Despite California's problems, I'm optimistic about our future, and I'm looking forward to my campaign for re-election. Together we can make sure California continues to be the greatest state in the nation."
- On May 25, candidates Mansoor and Rush participated in candidate forum sponsored by several women's groups. Coverage of the debate can be found here.
- On April 5, The District 74 primary candidates participated in a debate on CMTV 24. Video of the debate can be found here.
Mansoor won re-election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 74. Due to redistricting following the 2010 census, he was displaced from District 68. He advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Leslie Daigle (R). Mansoor defeated Robert Rush (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 74, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Allan R. Mansoor Incumbent||56.5%||110,190|
|California State Assembly, District 74 Blanket Primary, 2012|
|Republican||Allan Mansoor Incumbent||43.5%||33,319|
|California State Assembly, District 68 General Election (2010)|
|Allan R. Mansoor (R)||57,016|
|Phu Nguyen (D)||46,269|
|California House of Representatives, District 68 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Allan R. Mansoor (R)||22,063|
|Long Pham (R)||9,777|
Comprehensive donor information for Mansoor is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Mansoor raised a total of $899,444 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 14, 2013.
|Allan R. Mansoor's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||California State Assembly, District 74||$376,294|
|2010||California State Assembly, District 68||$523,150|
|Grand Total Raised||$899,444|
2012Mansoor won re-election to the California State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Mansoor raised a total of $376,294.
|California State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Allan R. Mansoor's campaign in 2012|
|California Association of Physician Groups||$7,800|
|Fieldstead and Co||$7,800|
|Prime Healthcare Services||$7,800|
|Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association||$7,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$376,294|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Mansoor raised $523,150 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|California Republican Party||$90,000|
|Mansoor, Allan R||$50,000|
|Apartment Association Of Orange County||$6,400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Allan + Mansoor + California + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Allan Mansoor on Twitter
- Huntington Beach Independent, "'Feet to the Fire' brings out the fight in candidates," April 6, 2012
- California Secretary of State, 2012 official candidate list
- California Secretary of State "Primary Results" June 5, 2012
- California Assembly primary results
- Sacramento Bee, California Assembly General election results
- "Follow the Money", "Mansoor, Allan R.", Accessed September 14, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Mark Wyland (R)
|California State Assembly District 74
| Succeeded by|
Van Tran (R)
|California Assembly District 68
| Succeeded by|
Donald P. Wagner (R)