Allegany County, Maryland
This site was last reviewed on March 11, 2013.
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 13 years.
- Bids and RFPs are posted online.
- Approved contract statements are provided for vendors.
- Public records
- The public information officer is identified and maintained by the Public Information Officer position. his person provides a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- A public records form is provided by the Public Information Officer.
- A fee schedule for documents is provided.
- Elected Officials
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- Administrative officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided including a mailing address, phone number, and personalized email.
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state, and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Permits and zoning
- The county publishes a statement saying that it has not hired lobbyist representation since 2008.
- Discloses membership to lobbying associations along with dues.
Bureau of Police
The County commission formed a Bureau of Police in 2008 citing a number of reasons for the decision, largely faulting Sheriff David Goad for various problems suffered by the Sheriff's Office. The reasons cited include:
- Overspending on the budget by $930,000
- Failure to respond to public records requests
- Several investigations into the misappropriation of federal and state grants
- Failure by the Sheriff to adhere to the vehicle take-home policy
- In 2011 the County Formerly disbanded the Bureau effective July 1,2011 citing it is no longer was needed due to the economy and 2 years of huge opposition. That same year a little unknown website called Allegany County News on blogspot citied the creation of the Former BOP was technically didn't go through the General Assembly 
- Official Allegany County Website
- Allegany County on Maryland Manual On-line
- Allegany County Tourism
- Allegany County Circuit Court
- Allegany County Chamber of Commerce
- Allegany County Department of Economic Development
- Allegany County, Meeting Agendas, Accessed: March 19, 2013
- Upcoming Meeting
- Financial Reports
- Awarded Bids
- Public Info Request
- Allegany County, Lobbyist, Accessed: Sept. 19, 2012
- Allegany County, Lobbying, Accessed: March 19, 2013
- Commissioners explain rationale for creation of the Bureau of Police (dead link), Cumberland Times News, December 26, 2008