Allen Parish, Louisiana
Allen Parish is a parish located in Louisiana. The parish seat is Oberlin and as of 2000, the population was 25,440. Allen Parish is in southwestern Louisiana, southwest of Alexandria. Allen Parish is named for former Confederate general and Governor of Louisiana Henry Watkins Allen. Allen Parish was formed in 1912 from Calcasieu Parish.
- See also: Evaluation of Louisiana parish websites
- None at this time
- The only Allen Parish website is devoted to tourism, and does not contain any helpful information on the Parish government.
- No information is provided about how parish residents can request access to public documents of the parish under Louisiana's sunshine laws.
- The Allen website does not meet any of the criteria of the 10 point checklist.
- Allen parish does not list the names of the police jurors or contact information on its official website.
Cities, towns, and villages
Residents are zoned to Allen Parish Schools.
- Allen Parish
- National Association of Counties, Allen Parish (dead link)
- Allen Parish on ePodunk
- Allen Parish on PublicRecords.OnlineSearches.com
- Allen Parish on Louisiana Page Locale